Founded in 1988, Funcom Supermarket is a subsidiary of Sinon Group that is focused on maintaining the health of Taiwanese households 30 years into the future by rigorously controlling the quality, freshness, and safety of food. Our fresh produce central processing factory receives triple national certification including ISO 9002, HACCP, and CAS, and it is also the only premium supermarket to provide comprehensive control and oversight throughout the production and sales process in Taiwan.
- Funcom Supermarket conducts over 30,000 pesticide residue tests annually, ranking it top in the logistics industry.
- Funcom Supermarket's quick pesticide residue test of fruits and vegetables has been reviewed as Exceptional by the Taiwan Agricultural Research Institute, Council of Agriculture for at least 10 consecutive years.
- Funcom Supermarket's expenses on food safety testing amount to more than NT$10 million. Funcom has invested in a high-tech testing center by importing testing equipment in conjunction with Taiwan Agriculture and Food Health Testing Co., Ltd.
- The first store was opened in Caotun Town, Nantou County in 1988. Dali store and Taiping store were opened in 1989, and rapid store expansion ensued in Taichung in 1990.
- In order to expedite future developments and evolve into a listed company, Funcom Supermarket became independent from its parent company Sinon in 2008. and renamed Funcom Supermarket.Stores are mainly concentrated throughout Taichung, Changhua, and Nantou.
- In 2016, Funcom Supermarket ventured north into Hsinchu, officially becoming a national supermarket.
- In 1992, a 9,917m2 fresh produce processing center was established, making it the first supermarket fresh produce processing factory in Taiwan to obtain CAS high-quality meat product certification and ISO 9002 international quality assurance certification.
- The factory is able to quickly supply food to stores daily. Furthermore, our ability to expand swiftly and maintain its competitive edge is achieved through safety inspections, product differentiation, and by minimizing labor cost of various stores.
- Funcom's fruits and vegetables undergo scrutiny for pesticide residues to ensure quality
- Funcom's meat products have passed antibiotics and sulfonamide testing
- Funcom's fruits are guaranteed to be sweet, otherwise, consumers may exchange one fruit for 2
- Funcom's Taiwan Draft Beer only stays on the shelf for 4 days
- Funcom only sells non-GMO tofu
- Funcom's eggs only stay on the shelf for 4 days
- Sinon's milk only stays on the shelf for 4 days
- Funcom's fresh oysters are not immersed in water, only whole shucked oysters are sold
- Funcom's toasts do not contain flavoring, emulsifiers or condensed milk
- Funcom only sells premium rice, no mixed rice is sold
- Funcom only sells pure honey
- Funcom only sells pure, non-GMO soy sauce
the resources of over 270 Sinon supply centers.
2.Offering agrochemical and fertilizer-related guidance to farmers based
on the company's expertise in crop protection to ensure quality
3. Field testing is conducted to guarantee agrochemical and soil safety
4. Random testing is conducted before harvesting, and only crops that
have passed the test are harvested
5. Quick pesticide residue test is implemented in the factory before the
products are delivered to the stores